Sunday, May 4, 2008

Tough Love: Uffie "Robot Oeuf"

Feels like awhile since we've heard from Uffie, doesn't it? Her debut album with Ed Banger Records, rumored to drop this year, seems to be delayed further and further with each passing day. It also seems she's ditched her first music partner and seemingly eternal paramour Feadz for some guy named Andre.

In spite of chick's recent absence, Ed Rec 3 just hit the interweb, and with it, a new Uffie track titled "Robot Oeuf".
My thoughts? I don't know. I'm very apathetic towards it. It's repetitive as hell, and sort of lacks the quirky fun earlier tracks of hers had. It doesn't sound very Feadz-y at all, either-- Uffie is probably doing this on her own, and on her own she may be taking herself a bit too seriously. That's what it sounds like on this new song.
It's not the Uffie I fell in love with.
Uffie, you know I adore you! You kick ass. I been lovin' on you since late '06 and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. But really, where did the fun go? This is too... I don't know. It's too anorexic club-hopper for me. It doesn't feel right.
I'm only saying this because I care.
Y, Lolita Hazed


Hear it for yourself and make your own opinion:

0 comments:

 

design by suckmylolly.com