Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Playlist: Fuck You, February

I hate February already. I'm just mad all the time. After I watched my car get towed yesterday, I begun digging into my angry playlist-- and you can too! Feel the rage!

The Misfits "Attitude"
One of the greatest angry songs EVER. I honestly don't have enough good things to say about The Misfits, considering how all-around great they are. Glenn Danzig is an effing fantastic singer, unlike SO MANY PUNKS, such as the notorious lead singer of...
Public Image, Ltd. "Public Image"
Bad voice or not, no one can deny that the legendary Johnny Rotten does angry flawlessly.
be your own PET "Bog"
I'm sorry-- I'M NOT SORRY!! Damn RIGHT. Teach me, Jemina. Oh, and their self-titled CD is pretty perfect if you don't own it. And you NEED TO. GO BUY.
Midnight Creeps "Menstrual Institution"
A friend of mine introduced me to the Midnight Creeps last year and OMG this song is RIDICULOUS. Don't be surprised if you find yourself singing this at the most inappropriate moments!
Bikini Kill "Star-Bellied Boy"
Authentic angst straight from the goddess of riot grrrl herself. And, um, LOVE the Dr. Seuss reference! Only you would, Kathleen. Only you.
The Libertines "The Saga"
This was my first-ever Libertines song. I was hooked immediately, and a long love began. Pour one out for them!
Veruca Salt "Seether"
I listen to this song CONSTANTLY. It's probably one of my favorite songs ever made and it sums up my current feelings. I never thought that would happen. Uh oh. Angry girls FTW!!
Sleater-Kinney "O2"
The best song on One Beat. Honestly, I can't think of anything wrong with it. Proof the riot grrrl could be taken into the 21st century!

Wanted more songs? Too bad.
(I didn't mean that, I'm sorry.)

1 comments:

Valentina said...

THESE ARE SUCH GOOD ANGRY SONGS. Unfortunately I'm in an entirely too good of a mood to really appreciate them right now, but I'm sure I'll be back to normal in a few hours.

 

design by suckmylolly.com