Saturday, July 19, 2008

eBay's Most Wanted: Mad Love

Ladies and gentlemen, I am a nerd, and I'm proud. Being one is so much fun that I feel really sorry for people who aren't. The feeling of nirvana that comes from seeing rare nerd paraphernalia is enough to transform you into that nerd from those Archie Comics or something like that.

I have a crazy obsession with Gotham City's premier botanical femme fatale, Poison Ivy, and so I was naturally lead to fall head-over-heels for her chosen partner-in-crime, the divine Harley Quinn. Who couldn't love her? She's hot, has a wicked sense of humor (no pun intended), is totally weird and highly dangerous. Before she and Ivy were giving Batman and Gotham a run for their money, she was a former-psychiatrist turned the Joker's most lethal weapon. Fortunately for Harley, being an opening act wasn't her thing.
But you do crazy things when you're in love, and if anyone knows that, it's Harley. Girl broke the Joker out of Arkham Asylum and changed her entire life for the guy, but the douche showed his thanks by abusing her constantly, eventually strapping her to a rocket (which lead to her fateful meeting with Poison Ivy). Even if poor Harley's love life has been rocky, hers and the Joker's sordid romance is definitely one of the most interesting love stories in fiction, and no doubt at the top of that of graphic fiction. This is why I so badly want the Batman Adventures issue that became a cult classic: Mad Love, which chronicles Harley's origin, her life at home and the throes of her romance with the Joker.
This is fortunately hella relevant today too, considering The Dark Knight just came out yesterday and all Joker fans should know Harley. I've seen previews for this comic on a Harley Quinn fansite and I've really got to have this shit. Harley slept her way through med school? Um, totally didn't know! Must-see!
And I could know even more if I could get my hands on this, moreso for a good price: I've seen it priced around $50 on eBay!
But I want it.
And someday, I will have it.
And you can too, you know, if you're willing to drop the dough.
Peep some scenes from Mad Love here. If you're as big of a nerd as I am, you'll want it, too!

0 comments:

 

design by suckmylolly.com