Monday, July 14, 2008

What's your summer jam?

Summer is a beautiful thing-- I forget that. It's the only time of year where you can fall asleep in the sunshine and not worry about when you wake up (unless you have a job). It might be a sticky, remotely gross season, but thank God for it.
Shoegaze is one of the most perfect subgenres for summertime-- it's chill, trippy and unforgettably beautiful when at its best. Chapterhouse's underrated classic Whirlpool is a great example-- even the album's title is chilly and comfortable, which leads me to my summer jam: "Mesmerise".
*Sigh*, this song is so good for chilling that I don't even know. This song was made for chillin', and that's evident in the awesomely cheesy chlorine-soaked video for it. Watch it, and you'll want to go swimming!
Damn, I know I do.

Download: Chapterhouse "Mesmerise"

Now what's your summer jam, kids?

3 comments:

Erika said...

I wanna go swimming now too! I don't really think I have a specific summer jam but I like "1979" by Smashing Pumpkins, or anything by Dr. Dog. I love Dr. Dog!

Valentina said...

Hmm, I think my summer jam is probs Groove is in the Heart by Dee Lite. Nothing says summer more to me. Or anything by Sublime, my sis was always blasting Sublime in the summer.

Lolita Hazed said...

All of the above are smashing picks. Hooray for childhood in the '90s!!

 

design by suckmylolly.com