Sunday, September 14, 2008

Blast the Past: Mark Morrison "Return of the Mack"


Oh my GOD this song is so damn good. It's just SO much fun, really, and it's sad this guy ended up being a one-hit wonder-- he showed a lot of potential. His voice was also very weird, and it's a lot of fun to try and sing like him. I used to think that instead of saying "You lied to me!", he was saying "You're like a man!". I think I prefer my version.
This song brings me back to being a kid. My mom always really loved this song too, so it reminds me of her. For some reason, it also reminds me of Men in Black.

God. I was only 6 when this song came out.

2 comments:

MACK said...

it's crazy how songs that come out before we're really old enough to realize what they mean, define an entire generation. this song is amazing! no matter how old i get, this song will always, always, always remind me of my childhood. i think i was 8 when this came out, 3rd grade-ish, living in the middle of nowhere, Kansas. And plus, everyone from our gen. knows ALL the words. SO much fun at parties.

MACK said...

P.S.- the song rocks for obvious (name bite!) reasons. =)

 

design by suckmylolly.com